Qualifications : LLB, BSc, University of Otago.
Kirsty joined Tompkins Wake in 2019 and is a member of our Environmental and Resource Management team, with a specialist focus on local government clients. Before joining Tompkins Wake, Kirsty worked at a law firm in Auckland where she was involved in various appeals against aspects of the Auckland Unitary Plan. Kirsty was admitted to the Bar in 2018 and has been practising environmental and local government law since joining the profession.
Kirsty is also a member of the Young Resource Management Law Association Committee in Auckland, and is involved in the organisation of a number of the Young RMLA events.
- Young Resource Management Law Association Committee, Member
- Junior assistance to lead counsel at Council Hearings, Environment Court, High Court and Court of Appeal hearings involving various aspects of the Auckland Unitary Plan.
- Junior assistance to lead counsel in obtaining designations/upgrading designations for government agencies in the Auckland Region.
- Assisting lead counsel, Bridget Parham, for Waikato District Council in relation to its current district plan review.
- Assisting lead counsel, Marianne Mackintosh, for Hamilton City Council on various significant resource consent projects in the Hamilton district.