Qualifications : BA, LLB (Hons), University of Waikato.
Shaye joined Tompkins Wake in 2015 and is an Associate in our Public Law and Environmental and Resource Management teams. Of Ngāti Kahungunu and Rongomaiwahine descent, Shaye specialises in environmental, resource management and local government law. Prior to joining Tompkins Wake, Shaye worked for an Environment Court Judge in Christchurch.
Areas of expertise
- Bylaws and Policies
- Environmental Due Diligence
- Liquor licensing
- Official Information (LGOIMA)
- Plan Changes, Variations and Plan Reviews
- Resource Consents
- Infrastructure Provision
- Local Government Decision Making
- Sale and Supply of Alcohol
Shaye was junior counsel on the following cases:
- Bluehaven Management Limited v Western Bay of Plenty District Council - acted for Rotorua Lakes Council on a private plan change appeal and matters of jurisdiction.
- Tuwharetoa Maori Trust Board v Waikato Regional Council - acted for the Trust Board on an appeal against the grant of resource consents in respect of a geothermal power station in Taupo.
- Re Hamilton City Council - acted for Hamilton City Council on an application by the Council to confirm a road stopping.
- Minister of Corrections v Otorohonga District Council - acted for Otorohonga District Council and Waipa District Council on the application for an alteration to a designation, made by direct referral, to enable the expansion of Waikeria Prison.
Government establishes new Infrastructure Commission
The Minister for Infrastructure, Shane Jones, has announced the establishment of a new independent infrastructure body, the New Zealand Infrastructure...