Employers in New Zealand have a robust legal framework to comply with to meet their obligations to employees through the Employment Relations Act and other legislation relating to employees (Health and Safety at Work Act, Holidays Act, Privacy Act, and Human Rights Act). Our employment team works with our clients to help them understand their rights and how to best meet their responsibilities and duties.
Our employment lawyers are skilled at assisting our clients with all routine employment related processes and when required can participate and support clients in disciplinary meetings and investigation meetings.
In contentious situations our team can skilfully guide our clients through the mediation process and provide advocacy in the Employment Relations Authority, Employment Court and higher Courts where necessary.
Our employment team provides clients with advice on all contentious and non-contentious aspects of New Zealand employment law, including:
- Drafting employment contracts and policies.
- Employment issues, including performance management, workplace health and safety, harassment and misconduct
- Intellectual property, confidential information and restraints of trade
- Industrial relations and collective bargaining
- Personal grievance claims and other employment related litigation (including disputes),
- Advice on medical, stress, harassment and bullying issues
- Employer obligations under the sale, purchase or outsourcing of a business
- Restructuring and the design and negotiation of exit packages
- Redundancies and dismissals
We are experienced in major organisational restructuring and can assist in the facilitation and implementation of large scale change management helping clients navigate the complexities and challenges of organisational change.
Areas of expertise:
- Collective Bargaining
- Employment Contracts
- Employment Disputes
- Employment Relations
- Industrial Relations
- NZ Sports Tribunal Proceedings
- Personal Grievance
- Policy Development
- Restraints of Trade
- Organisational Restructuring
- Serious Misconduct
- Redundancies and Dismissals
- Workplace Health and Safety