Property & Real Estate
Tompkins Wake provides a full range of property law services throughout New Zealand, combining our local knowledge with nationally recognised expertise.
As the largest practice area in the firm, our property team has built a strong reputation for providing practical and commercial legal advice that assists our clients to achieve their objectives. We do this by working collaboratively with our other specialist practice areas to ensure our clients have access to the best strategic legal advice suited to their needs.
At Tompkins Wake, we act for private clients, developers, investors, end-users, property funds and local government authorities, advising on construction projects, developments, acquisitions, and disposals and leasing.
The firm also advises individuals on personal property matters including:
- Trust and estate planning
- Estate Administration
- Preparation of wills
- Relationship Property
- Law relating to the elderly, including retirement villages and residential care.
Areas of expertise:
- Crown Minerals - Oil and Gas
- Electricity Easements
- Kiwisaver HomeStart Applications
- Large Scale Development
- LINZ Registrations
- Local Government Property
- Maori Land
- Public Works Act
- Refinancing and Restructuring
- Residential Property Transactions
- Retirement Village - Applications/Settlements
- Rural Property
- Unit Titles
- Subdivisions and Property Development
- Property Development
- Commercial Leasing
- Mortgagee Sales
- Acquisition and Sale
- Portfolio Leasing